Mother Nature has endowed us with herbals and plants with notable benefits. Terpenes are one of nature’s blessing to mankind due to its important function and essential wonders. Terpene is an organic compound which is responsible for the unique scent of a wide array of herbs and plants. It is an aromatic oil that produces different scents and flavors in plants such as basil, hops, lavender and cloves. It is also used in perfumes, incense, and even candles.
Let’s get to know more about the important facts you should know about Denver terpenes!
1. Terpenes Have Therapeutic Effects
Because it is responsible for a lot of scents, terpenes certainly offer a therapeutic effect. According to Aromatherapist, terpenes have healing benefits as it is always found in essential oils like lavender. Even base on research, the number of depressed patients exposed in a citrus aroma was reduced and discontinued taking antidepressants.
2. Majority of Terpenes is Found in Cannabis
Cannabis plants are the best source of terpenes. Accordingly, it houses more than 120 terpenes which are unique in all plants. Oils extracted from cannabis are widely used in medical treatment, perfumes, and beauty products. Because of its rich organic compound, terpenes is extremely beneficial in healing.
3. Terpenes Consist of Limonene
Limonene is a main terpene and is found in many terpenes. Limonene is one of the power houses in terms of giving benefits. It is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and has anti-cancer properties. According to studies, limonene stops cancer cells from spreading and event prevent cancer because of its chemopreventive effects and apoptosis-inducing. Certainly, terpenes are involved in many cancer-related types of research.
4. Wide Variety of Medicinal Benefits
Not only is terpenes therapeutic, it has actually a wide variety of medicinal benefits that you must take note of. Terpenes are composed of different essential oils, one of which is limonene which was mentioned. But there are still a lot of oils that you must know of and remember such as the following:
• Beta-myrcene – it is the most common terpenes component and is usually found in eucalyptus, mango and bay leaves. It helps in easing pain and inflammation and helps to relieve muscle pain.
• Alpha-pinene- it is commonly found in pine trees and coniferous plants. This one helps in dilating the bronchial tubes, kill bacteria, minimize inflammation and increase cognitive function
• Linalool- it is a common ingredient in many perfumes and is usually found in lavender, cinnamon, and citrus. This is helpful in reducing anxiety and stress and reduces epileptic convulsions.
5. Terpenes Work in Synergy with other Compounds
Usually, researchers focus on single molecules for easier research. However, researchers now are examining the different and hundreds of molecules including terpenes. Research suggests that terpenes may contribute to the effects of cannabis-based medicinal extracts because of the synergy between various components it has in the plant.
Many researches are conducted to discover more functions and benefits for terpenes especially in the field of medicine. Remember that, in choosing the right terpenes for your need, consider as well what source of terpenes is suitable for your need.